Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kindergarten


This is the earliest picture I have of Sivai. He's a little over 3 months old in the picture.

Four years ago today I was sitting in Samoa with an 18 month old baby missing my husband and wondering if I would ever be able to go home. What a difference 4 years makes. Sivai went to his first day of Kindergarten today. Everyone asked if I had a hard time, did I cry? I didn't. I'm not a crier, but there was a few heartstrings that were pulled. He is ready to be going on to new adventures, in fact he didn't even look back when he got on the bus. I asked him if he had a fun time and he said yes. I tried to ask him some other questions but he was too busy talking about everything that went on to listen to me. He said that he ran out as fast as he could when his teacher said it was time for recess, but learned that he was supposed to wait in line at the door. Everyone was given jobs to do and today his job was making sure everyone was using good words. He also told me he didn't like the guy that was at the front of the line (I think he was just jealous). All in all I think he had a great time and is trying really hard to follow the rules and make new friends.

Austin just couldn't understand why he couldn't go to school and ride the bus, after all he is a big boy now since he's potty trained. He wanted to be a part of every moment, putting Sivai's backpack on, getting his shoes on, and waiting for the bus.

Another big milestone came about a week ago when his first tooth was lost. It had been trying to come out for weeks but since the new one didn't push it out, it came up behind it, it took a while. He put on a brave face and let Patrick pull it out. He got 4 quarters from the tooth fairy and even shared getting bubble gum at the grocery store with Austin. Now we have to work on getting the second one out.

2 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

Oh goodness. Time flies by way too fast! What a huge milestone in your life! That was a great post, Bridge!

Jennifer said...

WOW! They are growing up way too fast. I've been looking at pictures of my Samoa trip and how little he was. I remember the day he came home like it was yesterday. I miss you guys a ton! I'm hoping I can get out there sometime at the end of the month while the weather is still somewhat nice. See you soon!