Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SPRING!

I am so excited for Spring to be here! Austin and I planted our starter seeds for the garden and flower beds a couple of days ago and they are starting to sprout.
Sivai plays outside every day and is already complaining, "It's hot" at 65 degrees.
Lily actually wants to go outside and can get around easily.
We're going to try some of our garden in raised beds, our soil is clay here and doesn't make for the best gardening. We are in a desert after all. There's a lot of work ahead to get our garden going and things cleaned up, but it's a welcome change.
Now, if everyone in the family could not be sick it would really be nice. The past three weeks have been rough, 3 different "sicknesses" traveling slowly but surely from one person to the next. I hope we all have it out of our systems soon...my house is suffering.
I finally got around to deep cleaning the kids' bathroom today and while I was brushing Austins' teeth tonight Sivai came in and said "Oh, looks like we got a new toilet Mom."

2 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

Sorry about all the sickies. We've been battling it too! Except we've been battling it on and off for 3 months. Ugh...

Yay! For deep cleaning! Doesn't it feel so good!?!

Christina Lyon Maughan said...

Yeah for cleaning toilets! I hate cleaning, so when I do clean, I am always surprised at how much better our house looks. Too bad that my kids don't feel the same.