Friday, June 26, 2009

Half a day with Dad.




I do not usually post on this Blog, however I had a wonderful half day with Austin. He was so excited to come into work with me. He wanted to see and hug a cop. I do not work directly with the police/sheriff. A co-worker, Ausin, and I went over to the sheriff's office and were able to visit with this nice officer. When the officer came into the room Austins eyes were silver dollars. He gave Austin a bag of goodies, as well as a junior deputy badge. Austin was also able to play around in the officer's truck, playing with the reeeeeerreeeeer (siren) and the lights. Austin will probably not forget that, Neither will I. I especially will not forget when he asked for a hug, and the officer gave him one. touching... As we were leaving Austin asked if he could have his gun. I love that kid.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard! Love your blog--thanks for sharing!

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

I don't even have a name now? I'm just "a co-worker"?