Wednesday, July 20, 2011

relax.....





I feel like chaos and confusion has taken over my life again. Take a deep breath, imagine calming sound of the ocean and palm trees blowing in the wind.

I need to de-clutter and de-stress my life, but the thought of that even seems overwhelming. I know having four kids means that there is always going to be a lot on my plate, but I feel like all these things are swallowing me up right now.

I know what I need to do, but slowing down and taking the time to do it seems impossible.

It's Austin's 6th birthday today, and the pinewood derby in scouts for Sivai, plus we're leaving for Cedar City tomorrow.


The picture of Sivai is my favorite picture from the trip. It's a moment of pure joy and beauty. He was so excited to get on the ferry to the Savaii and see his birth family and foster family. I wish we could be caught up in this moment forever. I had a lot of spontaneous outbursts of emotion on this trip and this was one of them, I could feel through him a sense of coming home, a return to something he didn't know he missed.

4 comments:

saskia said...

what a beautiful post. I long for relaxation to....

Marlynn said...

I feel the same way. I've in Robo-Mom mode for to long...I need to get on with life. And when I start making headway I get a tough day where I feel like a chicken with its head cut off. Keep trudging I guess...

Marlynn said...

I feel the same way. I've in Robo-Mom mode for to long...I need to get on with life. And when I start making headway I get a tough day where I feel like a chicken with its head cut off. Keep trudging I guess...

Lisa Wilson said...

I love your dialogue for this post. Absolutely beautiful!