Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Austin!

Yesterday we celebrated Austin's third birthday, I can't believe he's growing up so quickly. The excitement has been building up for weeks! Everyday for about 2 weeks Austin has been asking about his birthday and telling me that he wanted red and green presents, a birthday cake, birthday ice cream, birthday candy and birthday candles (With each one of these he would point to a new finger, and he knew which finger was which birthday item.). I made him a bug cake (He saw the ladybug cake on Nick and Jeanines blog and had to have a bug cake) which I think he loved more than his presents. Last Monday I bought the boxed cake mix for his cake and he found it....


To explain more-for the past year everytime I ("I" meaning Austin seeing a cake mix in the store and putting it in the cart) get a cake mix Austin has to sleep with it until I make it. It started in Kansas when my Mom made him a cake and now I can't stop it. Notice the condition of the cake box in the picture, he slept with it all week!


I've also been trying to potty train him and I told him that if he would wear underpants and go in the toilet I would get him Lightning McQueen underpants. Weird thing is.....he has been wearing underpants all day and hasn't had an accident, we even made a trip to Wal-Mart! I'm hoping that this will be the end of diapers, but I fear it may take a while to be accident free.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Thats so funny about him sleeping with the cake mix. Your cake looks cute. Hope he had a great birthday.

Ginger said...

that cake is so cute! how fun, I can't believe he is 3, time has just flown!!

Jeanine said...

The cake is super cute! I think it is so funny that he wants to sleep with the cake mixes. email me your cell numbers and when you get here we need to get together. jeanine_parson@hotmail.com

Lisa Wilson said...

I can't believe he is already 3! Time flies. Cute cake, too.

PS Can't wait to see you this weekend!