Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Joy


I've decided to post one picture at a time from our trip to Samoa. This is Sivai on the first flight from L.A. to Fiji right after we boarded the plane. The only flights into and out of Samoa require connecting through other countries. This leg of the journey was a 10.5 hour ride, overnight. Our connection both ways was a 15 hour layover in Nadi Fiji. The boys did really well. Austin slept most of the way but as you can see Sivai was filled with excitement and had a hard time sleeping.

I hesitate to call our trip a vacation, or a trip, or a visit. I can't think of what to call it but those words don't fit. It was life changing. I'm still not adjusted, and I don't know when or if that will happen. I think about the people and the country nearly every hour. I hope that posting a picture at a time and writing down some memories will help me process the whole experience.

2 comments:

saskia said...

You are more than welcome to tell me all about the coolness

Marlynn said...

Simply Amazing! I can believe it being Life Changing, please share.